Wednesday, May 4, 2011

British Museum


Today was our first day of class, and it was at the British Museum (locally known as the BM, but we'll just got with the full name), how cool is that!!! We spent several hours there, and my camera battery died about half way through, but I still got some cool pics.







The outside of the British Museum.



















The Rosetta Stone (not such a great picture, I'll have to get another one.)




















Gigantic Human-Headed Winged Lion from an Assyrian Palace.



















Gigantic Statue of Ramses II.















Parthenon Metops (The picture really doesn't do them justice.)




















This wooden carving was only about 14 to 18 inches tall. I was amazed at the intricacy of the carving.













Nebamun's tomb paintings. Beautiful!

Ok, so I've probably bored you to tears so here's a picture I took at a Skate Park down by the National Theatre. Now to homework...all play and no work is not what I signed onto this trip for (although I can't imagine hating only play).

BTW, London is awesome and I don't know why anyone wouldn't want to live here!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Julia! I went there my first full day of London and LOVED it! Way to take me back! I'll probably be green with envy when you talk about the national portrait gallery (now there's something to look forward to!) Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete