Saturday, May 21, 2011

Winchester








Today Courtney, Sabrina, Rachel and I went to Winchester. I was kind of nervous about it because it was my idea and no one had ever even heard of the town. I found out about it in a book I found laying around our flat. Winchester was the capital of England for along time, the Cathedral is really huge, which is kind of odd for such a small town. It wasn't always so small. Anyway, there are 12 Kings buried at Winchester Cathedral as well as Jane Austen (which if I am honest is really why I wanted to go in the first place). The oldest private school in GB is also in Winchester as well as the ruins of an old castle and a very fun shopping district. We had a blast today...I'm so glad my idea to go to Winchester was a success! (King Arthur's round table is also in Winchester but we didn't get a chance to see it...bummer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment