Monday, May 2, 2011

London Smells like...

I noticed a couple of things right off the bat when I got here. The first is that the light is different, it's paler and has a golden hue to it. You photo people out there will probably understand where I'm coming from. Second, there's a distinct smell. It's not bad, it's just different from the USA, and I've been trying to put a word to it since I got here. I've finally decided on old. London smells old. Not Aspercream and medication old, more like ancient I guess. It's the smell of 'been there, done that'. I could amend this idea later but for now, it's what I'm going with. It just came to me! London smells like an old house...you know what I mean, don't you?

Well, it's 7am and I've got to get a move on. Good night to all of you across the pond!

No comments:

Post a Comment