Friday, May 6, 2011

Food

I just have to share my appreciation for the food here. It's sooo good, I mean it's ALL good. Yesterday I bought a chicken and avocado sandwich at Pret and there was basil on it. Basil! It was fabulous! I'm going to buy basil for my sandwiches when I get home. The first morning I was here I bought a croissant from a French bakery down the street. It was the best croissant I've had in my entire life!

Second, I've purchased a few dinner items at the market, pizza, cottage pie and penne with meat sauce. The food doesn't have added crap in it, they don't freeze it, you just buy it refrigerated and can freeze it at home if you want. The expiration dates are like 5 days after you buy them, in other words there's no preservatives (or very few). The fruit is actually yummy...they haven't been engineered for size and flavor totally abandoned. They're small and they taste good. I choose tastes good over size any day!

Off to see Hamlet at the Globe tonight. We've got Yard tickets which means we'll be standing...for 3 hours. Should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. You need to go to France and Italy, then... WAY better food, though I agree. I've had the chicken/avocado sandwich and it's to DIE for.

    (OH and I'm SO jealous about the globe!!! I went and saw Henry V part one... I think. Either way, we bought seats. My brit friend said her butt was worth 10 pounds :) ENJOY!)

    ReplyDelete